Archive For The “Medicine” Category
The so much concise, clinically appropriate, and present evaluate of clinical microbiology and immunology
Essential for USMLE overview and clinical microbiology coursework!
Review of scientific Microbiology and Immunology is a succinct, high-yield evaluate of the medically very important elements of microbiology and immunology. It covers either the elemental and scientific elements of bacteriology, virology, mycology, parasitology, and immunology and likewise discusses vital infectious ailments utilizing an organ method approach. The publication emphasizes the real-world medical program of microbiology and immunology to infectious ailments and gives a special mixture of narrative textual content, colour photographs, tables and figures, Q&A, and medical vignettes.
Content priceless to any examine target or studying sort:
· 650 USMLE-style perform questions try out your wisdom and understanding
· 50 scientific instances illustrate the significance of easy technological know-how info in medical diagnosis
· A whole USMLE-style perform examination along with eighty questions is helping you organize for the exam
· Pearls impart vital easy technological know-how details worthwhile in answering questions about the USMLE
· Concise summaries of medically very important organisms
· Self-assessment questions with solutions seem on the finish of every bankruptcy
· Color photos depict clinically vital findings, reminiscent of infectious illness lesions
· Gram stains of micro organism, electron micrographs of viruses, and microscopic photographs depict fungi, protozoa, and worms
· Chapters on infectious illnesses from an organ procedure perspective
By Betty Bates Tempkin
Utilizing a flip-card layout, this compact advisor presents protocols that take the guesswork out of photo documentation. those accomplished protocols persist with the imaging instructions of the yankee Institute of Ultrasound in medication (AIUM) and contain a common strategy for documenting any kind of pathology. Examples of the necessary photographs for the physician's diagnostic interpretation are integrated. Documentation specifics are supplied for complete and restricted stomach reports, gynecological and obstetric checks, and prostate reviews. additionally supplied are protocols for small elements, vascular process, and echocardiography.
- Flip-card structure with spiral binding permits the ebook to take a seat upright on the subject of the console, so sonographer can simply turn pages whereas scanning to make sure that right protocols are followed.
- Step-by-step directions describe standards for every ultrasound learn, then offer examples of every experiment that are meant to be received to accomplish the study.
- Protocols persist with instructions supplied via the yank Institute of Ultrasound in drugs (AIUM), the association that units sonography regulations, perform criteria, security strategies, and function guidelines.
- Detailed line drawings accompany so much sonograms, clarifying the constructions proven at the diagnostic image.
- Over 1,200 photos and drawings are supplied, together with photos with accompanying drawings for each AIUM-approved protocol — delivering a visible step by step scanning method of the functionality of scans and snapshot documentation for medical professional diagnostic interpretation.
- New pictures are further to accomplish the scanning protocols licensed via the AIUM.
A sensible, "how-to" consultant to secure anesthesia practices in dentistry, Handbook of neighborhood Anesthesia, sixth Edition covers all of the most modern advances in technology, instrumentation, and ache keep an eye on recommendations. From easy thoughts to precise injection thoughts, from dosage charts to the right kind care and dealing with of kit, this ebook offers in-depth, full-color insurance of key anesthesia issues, together with particular risks and blunders in strategy which can bring about problems. Written by way of Dr. Stanley Malamed, dentistry's prime specialist in this topic, Handbook of neighborhood Anesthesia is a helpful reference to help you hinder, realize, and deal with problems of neighborhood anesthesia administration.
- Videos on an on hand better half DVD (sold individually) are narrated through Dr. Stanley Malamed, protecting themes comparable to neighborhood anesthetic brokers, anesthetic injection concepts, strength issues, and danger administration.
- Full-color photos and line drawings are integrated during the ebook.
- In-depth discussions conceal the anesthetic brokers utilized in dentistry, besides their scientific actions.
- Routes of administration are defined for all anesthetics.
- The right care and dealing with of equipment is addressed, in addition to the issues that could be encountered.
- Requirements for ache regulate and native anesthesia inside of a variety of dental specialties are included.
- Comprehensive info on Articaine is incorporated, an area anesthetic that's gaining common use within the United States.
- Numerous bins and tables offer a brief reference and comparability of thoughts, medications, and dosages.
- Dosage charts, injection concepts, details on length of motion, and contraindications for neighborhood anesthetics are incorporated on the finish of the publication for fast reference.
- Updated discussions of the armamentarium had to reach neighborhood anesthesia supply replicate the most recent to be had medicinal drugs and devices.
- Updated discussions of the techniques had to supply winning ache control.
- Updated step by step procedures disguise the innovations for administering intraoral anesthesia.
- The most up-to-date advances in technological know-how, know-how, and soreness keep an eye on techniques are covered.
Atlas of neighborhood Anesthesia, by way of Dr. David L. Brown, has been the go-to reference for a few years, assisting clinicians grasp a myriad of nerve block concepts in all parts of the physique. This meticulously up to date re-creation brings you cutting-edge assurance and streaming on-line video clips of ultrasound-guided concepts, in addition to new insurance of the newest approaches. 1000's of fine quality full-color illustrations of anatomy and traditional and ultrasound-guided suggestions offer brilliant visible assistance. You’ll even have easy accessibility to the entire contents on-line, absolutely searchable, at expertconsult.com.
- Obtain enhanced visible information due to enormous quantities of top quality illustrations of cross-sectional, gross, and floor anatomy paired with striking illustrations of traditional and ultrasound-guided techniques.
- Master the ultrasound-guided technique via 12 on-line video clips demonstrating right anatomic needle placement.
- Access the entire contents on-line and obtain the entire illustrations at expertconsult.com.
- Learn the newest concepts with a brand new bankruptcy on transversus abdominis block and up-to-date assurance of nerve stimulation options, implantable drug supply structures, spinal wire stimulation, and more.
A must-have atlas protecting all innovations in nearby anesthesia with top quality photos, a brand new on-line spouse and further illustrative and video insurance of ultrasound-guided techniques
By Min Chen
Chinese language inner medication is a medical topic and is the reason, utilizing conventional chinese language theories, the etiology, pathology and healing ideas of the ailments or syndromes belonging to inner medication. it's also the root for studying and examine in different scientific branches of chinese language drugs, hence enjoying an important position in conventional chinese language drugs (TCM).
chinese language inner drugs has had an extended heritage. Its origins should be traced again a number of thousand years. via long term diagnostic and healing practices, a wealthy choice of reports and theories in chinese language inner drugs has been accrued and this has steadily developed right into a whole, exact and potent medical department. In fresh many years, chinese language inner drugs has additionally passed through extra major advancements, specifically within the therapy of cardiac or cerebral vascular illnesses, digestive tract ailments, renal illnesses and autoimmune ailments. for you to popularize chinese language inner medication and make allowance readers to know its simple theories in addition to diagnostic and healing equipment, we wrote this ebook in a language simply understandable through the layman. For ease of studying via glossy medical professionals, we proceeded from the present scientific perform and defined the contents with Western affliction names. There are greater than eighty illnesses mentioned during this publication. for every ailment, the chinese language syndrome differentiation and therapy in addition to sleek diagnostic key issues are supplied, to make it less demanding for the readers to check and comprehend.
The examine of every illness may still start from its etiology, pathology and diagnostic key issues, by way of the differentiated styles and corresponding remedies. The respective issues of warning for every illness must also be well-noted. eventually, the questions forming the day-by-day workouts are helpful for readers to examine their comprehension and remember of the fabric. Given the opportunity, the theoretical wisdom also needs to be utilized in scientific perform in order that prior wisdom is established and new medical wisdom and talents could be realized. Indices to the prescriptions are supplemented on the finish on the way to facilitate examine and session.
This e-book is appropriate when you are obsessed with TCM and with uncomplicated clinical wisdom, in addition to scientific TCM medical professionals, nursing body of workers and TCM students.
More than 50 scientific instances assist you excel on your microbiology coursework and at the USMLE Step 1
The Case records sequence is an award-winning studying approach confirmed to enhance examination rankings. This sequence allows you to research within the context of genuine sufferers rather than easily memorizing. Case records: Microbiology: moment Edition provides 50+ medical instances with open-ended questions which weave easy technological know-how options into the scientific state of affairs. each one case contains a longer dialogue (including definitions and a pathophysiology discussion), key issues, and 3-5 USMLE-style comprehension questions. The authors are skilled academics from the college of Texas-Houston clinical institution in Houston, Texas and Loma Linda college tuition of drugs in Loma Linda, California.
By Ros Johnson
Daryl Stone, a therapist at a psychological hospital, is feeling burned out at her task. and that is only one of her matters. between different issues, there is additionally the surprising demise of the daddy she by no means bought to grasp, the stress which ensues in her courting along with her mother, and assembly a girl who simply can be the suitable fit for her--if purely she wasn't additionally a therapist! you'll imagine, as her acquaintances do, that Daryl could with no trouble search a curb to name her personal. yet, wisecracking her method via lifestyles, Daryl has been likely to depend on things like popular culture, speak exhibits, and nutrition for solutions and solace. treatment is for different people--or is it?
Natural medication FROM A WESTERN aspect OF VIEW
Herbal treatments became a significant factor in American wellbeing and fitness care. Botanicals like Ginseng, Ma Huang, St. John's Wort, and Valerian at the moment are family phrases through the international. due to the fact lots of those average medicines are bought over-the-counter, frequently shoppers mistakenly imagine that they're thoroughly secure. despite the fact that, severe adversarial results occasionally ensue, specially whilst taken at the side of prescription drugs.
Conversely, pharmacists, pharmacologists, and physicians are extra hesitant to just accept the important results of natural medicinal drugs with no seeing medical facts. The Pharmacodynamic foundation of natural medication presents this facts and addresses different very important matters in a transparent, easy-to-understand demeanour. It breaks down natural medicines to their molecular point to teach how they create either their therapeutic merits and their aspect effects.
MEDICINAL HERBS even have a USEFULNESS past WHAT THEIR over the counter kinds PROVIDE.
Pharmacodynamic foundation of natural medication offers a greater realizing of ways normal products:
REDUCE side effects AND improve healing EFFICACY
Whether they take natural medication for spiritual, philosophical, or financial purposes, Western believers are only studying what jap civilizations have identified for hundreds of years. because the use of natural treatments grows exponentially, so too does the need for info on how those herbs really paintings. writer Manuchair Ebadi, winner of the 2004 college of North Dakota origin Thomas J. Clifford school fulfillment Award for Excellence in study, builds the clinical bridge among jap and Western medication. For a large number of popularly used herbs it demonstrates the invaluable results and adversarial unintended effects of natural medications, exhibiting their activities and results on organ, tissue, mobile, and subcellular degrees. via figuring out and employing the knowledge during this ebook, it is possible for you to to supply more secure and more suitable healing care.
First position Winner – 2012 IBPA Ben Franklin
"The review-style layout and breadth of subject matters during this textual content make it a superb selection for either citizens and more matured otolaryngologists who may want a top quality pocket reference book." - Elena B. Willis, MD
"Overall, this density of knowledge in this sort of moveable dimension makes instruction manual of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck surgical procedure a great selection for these searching for a cellular reference...highly recommended." - MedicalScienceBooks.com
"Every resident, fellow, and clinician, with sufferers within the large box of head, neck and facial surgical procedure will surely get pleasure from this scientific guide - a superb contribution" - European magazine of Plastic Surgery
Designed to slot in your lab coat pocket, Handbook of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery is either a finished resource of data and a very easily transportable medical reference. The professional authors supply certain but concise insurance of the full uniqueness, together with otology, audiology, rhinology, laryngology, head and neck melanoma, the thyroid and parathyroid, basic otolaryngology, pediatric otolaryngology, facial plastic and reconstructive surgical procedure, and more.
Each bankruptcy completely addresses a special scientific challenge, starting with an inventory of key gains and a piece on epidemiology, via symptoms, differential diagnoses, an evidence of the way to behavior the actual examination, imaging, labs, therapies, attainable results, and follow-up.
- The such a lot whole insurance of the sphere presently on hand anyplace: comprises one hundred sixty chapters in seven sections plus3 convenient appendices
- Succinct define structure allows swift reference in
- Numerous cross-references and an in depth index make
discovering wanted info quickly and straightforward
- TNM staging facts - reflecting the present AJCC/UICC
criteria - supplementations all cancer-related chapters
- Highly priceless appendices comprise complete colour drawings
of the cranial nerves, tips about while and the way to accomplish emergency methods, and
This trouble-free instruction manual is a vital source for each resident,
fellow, and clinician in otolaryngology - head and neck surgical procedure, facial plastic and reconstructive surgical procedure, and in any self-discipline that calls for a superb realizing of otolaryngology-related issues.
By Arnoldo Kraus
En Dolor de uno, dolor de todos, Arnoldo Kraus nos habla constantemente sobre l. a. necesidad que tiene l. a. personality que soporta el dolor de restaurar en su horizonte very important un rayo de esperanza, un sentimiento reconfortante: sentirse escuchado, tal vez tocado.
Prólogo de Francisco González Crussí.
"En los angeles clínica l. a. palabra más frecuente es dolor; transferir esa carga y asumir que llegó a buen puerto le permiten al enfermo depositarse, saber que sus dolores y miedos fueron entendidos y suelen mejorar sin medicamentos y sin necesidad de exámenes o radiografías...
Como si lanzara un recordatorio a quienes dan l. a. impresión de haberlo olvidado, el physician Arnoldo Kraus menciona en este libro que el primer deber del médico es aliviar el sufrimiento; que el dolor no es un beneficio sino un agobio que pesa sobre el enfermo, haciéndolo más enfermo de lo que sería sin él.
Que el dolor sea, desde un punto de vista filosófico, inexpresable o indecible, cube el autor, no significa que los angeles palabra no tenga un papel decisivo para aliviarlo. l. a. verdad profunda del dolor puede ser inefable, pero el médico íntegro que es Arnoldo Kraus tiene de su lado los angeles experiencia que lo lleva a escribir con consciencia sobre el tema."
Francisco González Crussí